Saturday, May 8, 2010

eating tour @ShiLin night market (aka food heaven street)

Last summer when I was in Taipei, I rarely ever hit the night markets. Mostly because majority of the foods are fried and not the cleanest (vendors facing the busy streets). But the foods are extremely cheap, so you get to try out a lot of different snacks. So I finally ate at a night market this time. I went to ShiLin night market - the most famous and crowded one of Taipei. Let's just say that I ate a lot of heart attack-inducing foods. But hey, I only live once right? Two Xinjiang (Northwest China that borders the Middle East) beef kebabs, a small bag of the juiciest mangoes ever, a few large sweet strawberries, two 煎包jianbao's--baozi that is pan-fried on the bottom and filled with vegetables, 蔥油餅congyoubing (Chinese pancake, fried, with scallion) with fried egg [runny egg yolk! mmm] on top, a box of takoyaki--a Japanese dumping stuffed with octopus and topped with fish flakes, and a small cone of honeydew melon gelato. Whew. What a diverse dinner huh? Yup. We shall see how my tummy feels tomorrow :p

No comments:

Post a Comment