Friday, February 19, 2010

friday morning

This morning I got woken up by ear-deafening fireworks...at around 7 or 8am. Okay not nice, people!! My mom explained to me it's because today is the fifth day of the new year--the day all shops, mom and pop diners, and grocery markets open. For a week, all these shops have been closed, including banks and business firms. So imagine not being able to withdraw (aside from ATMs) money for a week or not being able to contact the HR department of some firm for an entire week! Only department stores and chain restaurants and shops stay open.

This morning I also woke up with a swollen right eye due to a mosquito bite. There has been a mosquito(s--hopefully not!) hiding around my uncle's house. It seems like it likes the blood from me face. So far, I have gotten seven bites on my face. Yesterday it bit my left cheek, which left my eye puffy and it looked like I got a black eye. This time, it bit my right cheek and my bottom lip.

It's still pouring rain, and it's super windy today. I caught a cold, and my entire face feels itchy. Not a good Friday morning :(

On a somewhat happier note, there is a 40% chance of rain tomorrow in Taipei!

No comments:

Post a Comment