Saturday, February 13, 2010

lunar new year eve: food coma allll day

I can't. Stop. Eating. Today is Chinese New Year Eve, which means feast all day, devouring all that you can possibly handle [or til you decide when to stop eating, which I totally can't esp when there is so much good food in front of me!]. I broke my pescetarian diet today....I ate pork and umm cow stomach...for the first time in I don't know eight years!! Jojo (the uncle I'm staying with in the meantime) cooked lunch. Maybe I felt obligated to eat it because it's CNY and all or that I watched my uncle prepare it. Anyhow, he made a mushroom soup that had bits of pork in it, pork that had a layer of fish paste on the outside. The soup itself was good, but all the pieces of pork lying around in it looked appealing so I thought I would just try one piece. One piece turned into two pieces then three then ...yeah. I also ate two meatballs, made of pork...called rouwan, which is a traditional CNY food. There will be another feast tonight at my mom's older brother's house. This uncle, apparently, cooks gourmet Chinese/Taiwanese food. Mmm! Expect photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment