Tuesday, February 16, 2010

please don't feed me!

me + rolls soon---->
I have never been more tired and stuffed in my entire life [so far]. I am currently growing a food baby, my face is getting puffier and puffier each day, and I am getting lazier and thinking about food 24/7. Never in my wildest dreams have I imagined that I'd ever eat from morning to night, non-stop. JoMa (my aunt whom I'm living with right now) feeds us waaaay too much food. She always has some sort of fruit or crackers on the table or is always asking me if I want to eat anything. My cousin explained to me that only during Chinese New Year, people go out and buy the most expensive groceries or dine at the most extravagant restaurants. You munch on nuts and cookies before a meal and eat some sort of dessert after every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It truly is non-stop eating. I feel as if the pit in my stomach is growing bigger and always is begging for more food, even if I feel really fat after a big meal.

Today we took a train to Shuangxi, which is a small town in Taipei County, but not near downtown. From there we walked four miles to another train station. Apparently, this is a popular trail to jog/powerwalk, but we were the only ones on the road because it was drizzling the entire time. I had planned to go running to burn off all that I ate from the past few days, even wore sweats (which you will rarely ever see Taiwanese women wearing, even when exercising--they instead wear skirts and heels) and my sports headband, but it was freezing and raining. No fun. After the walk, I could already feel my thighs and calves burning. I am so out of shape. It's from gorging on all that food! It's only 8:30pm right now, and I feel so ready to go to sleep. I do know, however, that after I move into my dorm I will not be feasting on all that tasty food. It will be back to living like a starving college student and running on the treadmill everyday. There is no meal plan, and I have no kitchen nor a microwave, so I have to venture everyday to buy food. Yip. Ee.

No comments:

Post a Comment