Sunday, March 21, 2010

all i do is eat

..in Taiwan. Fact. I seriously do wake up thinking about food! Taipei is, no doubt, absolute food heaven. Here are pictures of some of my favorite foods/meals that I have devoured...

smoked octopus topped with vinegar jelly @A-plus Sake Bar

crispy rice stuffed with salmon + topped with masago, also @A-plus

smoked salmon with melon - tasted interesting, but delicious! @A-plus

salmon + masago rice in a stone bowl

 
 yes, good thin-crust pizza exists in Taiwan [Greek pizza @Mary Jane - becoming one of my fav places for lunch]! although, they don't use marinara sauce.

roasted corn - many food vendors nearby sell corn on a stick for 25NT

 Takoyaki - a Japanese dumping stuffed with octopus and topped with fish flakes...this is certainly a guilty pleasure!

 
 red bean puff - made fresh to order.

 steamed fish with healthy 5-grain rice 五穀飯 on the side

 湯圓 tangyuan (sweet rice flour balls) rolled in peanut powder at my cousin's wedding reception at 圓山飯店/Grand Hotel
green tea + red bean 剉冰 shaved ice

Mmm, sorry if I made you hungry!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like all I do is eat as well!

    I haven't had sushi here yet, I've mostly been doing street food. Your pictures are making me want to start getting some nice meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I try to stay away from street food because my tummy unfortunately can't handle it :/ But takoyaki, those egg puffs, and corn are the only street foods I can't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, I just found your blog and your photos make me miss Taiwan more than I already did...

    ReplyDelete