Thursday, March 18, 2010

we laugh, we sing, we dance

I am slightly overwhelmed with the amount of things to do here in Taipei. I can't think of one moment of boredom... In short, I am having too much fun, and thus results in sleep deprivation. Though, I must admit that it has been pretty tough trying to balance my academic and social/fun life. My schedule goes like this: Tuesday class from 2:20-5:10 then 6:30-9:10pm; Wednesday class 9:10-12:20pm; and Thursday 9:10-12:20 then 6:30-9:10pm. And I don't have my internship anymore--which honestly is a relief because I can now play (okay, okay I mean study) harder.

One of the fun activities that is a must in Taipei is KTV, aka karaoke. It's like a weekly pastime for people here. On Sunday afternoon, my cousins Huang-shiuan and Huang-bing and May brought Allan and I to Cash Box - the largest KTV chain in Asia (and a few in SoCal). This franchise runs daily, 24/7! You cannot imagine how KTV here compares to what it is like in the States. The one we went to had 12-floors, each with at least five different private KTV rooms. Each room has a bathroom, LCD flatscreen, advanced computer systems....a luxurious, yet inexpensive few hours of fun. There is also a full menu of food, desserts, and drinks! We belt it out for a good two hours, singing along to MJ songs, oldies, and a few Chinese songs (which I mostly mouthed the non-chorus parts). I am going to KTV again this Saturday with friends, so cheers to a night of laughing, singing, dancing, and of course eating!

 
May ~ [hopefully] future cousin-in-law

yes, I'm aware my eyes are closed =)


No comments:

Post a Comment