Sunday, March 14, 2010

bright lights, big city

Last night I hung out with my cousins. They're a hilarious, crazy bunch :) It was Allan (flew from Houston for the wedding), Aunt Shan-zhen's sons (edit: Huang-bing and Huang-shiuan), and on of their girlfriends, May. I'm really bad with names, and Allan goes by their Chinese names which I can't even remember. Yeah, anyway. It was pouring rain last night (plus thunder and lightening) and definitely not the best time to be going on a large ferris wheel. But...we're Taiwanese. We can wade it out. We drove out to Neihu district, which is almost outside of Taipei city. There is a big mall out there called Miramar. This plaza has an 8-floor movie theater, American brand shops, and a ferris wheel on the 5th floor. From the ferris wheel, you get an awesome view of Taipei. Though it was raining and all the windows were foggy, I still captured a few successful photos.

 look out below!

through the screen

Taipei 101


Afterward we went to feast on sashimi and sushi. Ah heaven! However, I have had a weak stomach for the past week, but I am a bad sick person and couldn't resist. So. Much. Good. Food...

 don't worry, I only ate the masago (on the left) handroll!

1 comment:

  1. So nice! I went on the Miramar ferris wheel last summer during the typhoon :D so I know how crazy you guys are haha. You went on the clear one too huh? Brave souls. When I went on with my friends.. the speakers were playing "Killing Me Softly" and my friend who was afraid of heights was screaming to get off (x

    I feel like I'm eating more Japanese food here than Taiwanese...hmmm

    Katy

    ReplyDelete