Sunday, March 28, 2010

these past few days

I ate:

 okonomiyaki. It is Japanese pizza, or pancake, that is very, very delicious. Made from cabbage, flour, water, and eggs - and whatever stuffings you chose. In this case, I shared  shrimp and fish eggs okonomiyaki's with two friends. It is topped with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise. Those flakey things is katsuobushi, which are dried bonito flakes. Those things were flaying when the chef handed over our plate because the flakes are so thin that it waves in heat. I even thought they were alive or something. Freaky experience, but the okonomiyaki was yum yum in my tum tum nonetheless :)

 鳳梨酥 fenglisu pineapple cake - made with love by my aunt. She made a huge batch of these, and gave me half (~80!). So, of course I shared them with friends...or else I would get fat =)

I visited:
Taipei Fine Art Museum. They house modern art and mostly host Asian artists, but there are also special exhibitions, such as Richard Rogers - an amazing British architect. He has designed many cool buildings worldwide.

Almost all the models had little people figures. They were so detailed...each had a distinct facial expression, clothes, accessories (some had canes, hats, briefcases, etc)!
This is the Leadenhall Building in London. 

 This is somewhere in Madrid, I believe. I can't remember what it was...maybe airport?

 Can you imagine living in a building like this? It is in Seoul, Korea.

 This is where the Olympics will be held in 2012 - the Millennium Dome in London.

 That's what it looks like in reality.

I rode a bike for the first time in ten years (more or less) today: Yeah, no photos from that because I cannot bike and photograph at once, especially since I was basically struggling to balance on the bike! It was a nice journey though. Wind was blowing, it wasn't too hot, and the sun was out. We rode out from near our dorm, along a river, up to Danshui - but of course not all the way, otherwise that would take awhile. I think we biked maybe 20-something miles roundtrip. Afterward we headed to Shida to eat a satisfying carb-filled meal: bibimbap and fruit jumble shaved ice (same as in picture in a previous post).

No comments:

Post a Comment