Friday, April 30, 2010

freedom, run away tonight

Feels so good to be done with midterm exams. Freeeeeedom (until mid-June)! I went out last night to celebrate with friends, and now I can't feel my toes and my voice is a bit raspy but it was all totally worth it. Speaking of freedom, I have decided to withdraw from my finance class. It's too difficult, I'm convinced that it is MBA level. The education system is clearly different here and hard to adapt to if you're used to discussion-based classes and professors who help you comprehend the info/actually teach. Professors here, instead, just hand you information...basically like "here, take it" and don't really explain the content. Of course, also, math and some business classes--particularly accounting and finance--are bound to be harder in Asia. It seems like most of the people in my class just memorize the content and don't really try to understand it. Or maybe they are all just naturally smart and get finance immediately. Oh well, I can't afford to have a grade lower than a B- in this class, hence dropping this class and retaking it back at home school, where I can definitely achieve at least a B. 

So, now I can sleep in on Thursdays, which I hardly ever do...even on the weekends since I always have plans and such. 

Anyhow, I discovered this really cool website where you can basically photoshop-edit your photos all in one step [they do it for you]. For the lazy and for those who can't afford the $800 Photoshop package. Yeah, that's me. Here are some photos from different events in Taiwan.

took this last summer from the lower angle, looking up to a tree

also took this last summer, at Longshan Temple

this was at the Tribal Harvest Festival in Hualien, during my last few days stay in Taiwan last summer

Kenting~

trois le petit cakes from a friend's birthday party dinner

bubbly for her birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment