Monday, April 12, 2010

KENTING ~ day three, 4.7

We had to check out of our hotel by 12pm, so we woke up early to eat breakfast. Our hotel is too small to have a dining room, so they partnered up with another hotel down the street, Kenting Resort. Our breakfast was almost the same as what we ate the day before...porridge, toast (they had wheat!!), cabbage, salad....and scrambled eggs!!! Yum :)

Our view from the breakfast dining room was breathtaking. I did not bring my camera to breakfast, but immediately after I cleaned my plate, I powerwalked back to our hotel to grab my camera while Lu and Kathryn relaxed on the swing at the hotel. After grabbing my camera, I strolled along the sidewalk of the beach. So pretty...


After snapping a bunch of pictures at the shore, I joined Lu and Kathryn back at the breakfast hotel. 


Sighh. I want to go back....and be there right this moment. Boo school!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lin,
    Can i ask some advice on how you traveled down to Kenting? My sister is visiting Taipei in 3 weeks and i would really like to take her down for a night or two. Did you take the HSR and then bus from there?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nichola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichola~
    We traveled via HSR to Kenting. I highly recommend it because it takes a short 1-1.5 hour ride to get to Kaohsiung, then you take a bus or cab to get to Kenting, which takes about an hour. It'll save you a lot of time to go by HSR. If you speak any Chinese, you can haggle with cab drivers with prices. We paid, I believe, 380NT per person by cab, which is cheaper than the bus.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete