Sunday, April 4, 2010

leofoo village


Can you tell that I am dying inside^ ? Yeah, that drop was pretty scary! It dropped at maybe a 65-70 degree angle. I was hanging onto the side rails so tightly that my hands were sort of purple after the ride was over.

I went to Leofoo Village六福村, a theme park in Hsinchu (windy, windy city) - one hour outside of Taipei, with cousins and my aunt on Saturday. The park is divided into four themes, similar to that of Walt Disney World in FL: Arabian Kingdom (Aladdin-themed), African Safari (zoo), South Pacific (tropical theme), and Wild West (like Knott's). It seems like rides at amusement parks worldwide are pretty universal. At Leofoo, there was the Indiana Jones type of ride, a twist-and-turn coaster with a 90-angle plunge (similar to X-celerator at Knott's, but only shoots straight then shoots backward four times at 76 m/hr), the swinging ship, log ride, rapids ride, etc. Only this place wasn't too crowded because the weather reporter predicted that it would rain today. It sprinkled a bit, but it was manageable, especially since we didn't have to wait in line at all! 

After four hours of fun (the park closes at 7pm during off-season!), we headed to Taoyuan to stuff our faces at Sushi Express, a chain conveyor belt sushi place. There is one near my school, but the first and only time I ate there I didn't like the sushi because it was waaay too sweet. But this place's sushi was pretty good.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment