Tuesday, July 14, 2009

home

I am home. Back in the states. It feels so strange. I don't want to be here. I miss Taiwan already. Anyone who has lived abroad for at least a month knows this feeling of attachment. Because I've lived there for almost 2 months, and what felt like a long time, I adapted to the culture, food, traditions, and living in the city. Now it's back to greasy and expensive food (only if I eat out, which I promised myself won't be often) and life in boring suburbia. I told my family and friends there that I will return within the next two years. And, I will definitely make frequent stops to my homeland from now on and not wait another eight years to return. In fact, my grandaunt (mom's side) says she will try to arrange an internship for me at the National Palace Museum, where she worked for forty years and where I visited on Saturday.. I have about 400 pictures to upload and so much to update on. My mind is still in Taiwan, and my times are messed up since I slept during the bumpy 12-hour flight. I wonder how long this jet lag will last!

2 comments:

  1. hey lin - i really like your blog :) i haven't been to taiwan, but it's definitely on my list of places in asia to hit up the next year or two! that, and hong kong... the shots of the beach at hualien are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thank you! yeah, definitely make a stop in taiwan if you do go to asia! i'm going again in a month to study abroad, so more adventures to come :)

    ReplyDelete