Tuesday, June 1, 2010

fml.

I was having a good day today...until I clumsily knocked over a bottle of nailpolish on my desk...which then cracked and little pieces of glass scattered across my room. Not to mention, my floor (thank god it's tile) had a nasty puddle of shimmery fuchsia nail polish. I scrubbed the stain with bleach, which made me dizzy while I slaved away. Took me almost an hour to clean up the mess. Thankfully, a good friend came to help with nail polish remover, which worked 10x's more efficiently than bleach, and it doesn't smell like it'd kill me. Oh, and a mosquito decided to bite the tip of my nose :/ Wow, my week is soooo off to a great start.

At least today was gorgeous out! I went to Banciao (Taipei county) area to hang out with my aunt (dad's sister) and cousins visiting from Australia. We ate sukiyaki for lunch--yay I can finally cross this off my list of 'things to do before leaving Taiwan'. Then we drove to Tucheng 土城 to visit a temple. The temple was very peaceful, unlike touristy Longshan Temple, and had a nice view overlooking Taipei county.


the awesome view

the Buddhist temple's architecture is quite simple. just white foundation and green roof.

hey there, cool-looking caterpillar.

guard of the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment