Monday, June 21, 2010

remember the time

I haven't been keeping track of the dates/days, but I do know that I have to bid farewell (aka see you later) to Taipei and my friends and family soon. So, I have been eating and doing things I have yet to do....living my remaining time here spontaneously. Basically, not saying no to anything. No thinking, just doing.
This past week, I....
_ate at Mos Burger, a Japanese fast food burger chain - they are most known for their rice burgers. I've never eaten at a fast food restaurant in Taipei (excluding vendors and TW hole-in-wall places) until this time.
_bought a drink from Chen Sanding 陳三鼎黑糖粉圓. This boba stand is near my dorm and always has a long line--it's "famous". My friends have all told me that they think it's overrated or mediocre. I finally tried it for the first time today...I bought a "Frog Egg Lemon Jelly"青蛙愛玉 (the boba are called frog eggs because they resemble frog eggs!) drink, with no milk tea since my tummy is sensitive to milk. My verdict? It was refreshing and not too sweet, though I don't think I will be back unless I'm really craving for boba. 
_stayed awake til the sun came out almost everyday of this week. I know, my skin is totally hating me right now.
_went KTV with friends til 1am and had a blast :) It also made me like Mandopop more and realize how un-Asian I am.
_slept in til 1/2pm, twice. I haven't slept past 10am for awhile.
_indulged in a Greek protein-filled feast. 
_death by heels four nights in a row.
_ate fried tea leaves and other tea-infused foods at Cha For Tea with my family on Zongzi Holiday.
_sushi at A-plus twice. I'm gonna miss this restaurant sooo much. Nowhere in the States can beat their prices :/
---lots more, but I won't list them...

picture roll:
marinated beef with sour cream and bread + nutmeg flavoring; pork gyro wrap; seafood stew in olive oil, vinegar; eggplant with melted cheese and ground pork...all gone quickly. We were starving =)

6.18 ~ Spark 

the LOVE sculpture in front of Taipei 101

awake at 5:42am to see blue skies and sun

Salmon on Fire roll @A-plus. The waitress torched it to sear the salmon and fish eggs-->yummy smokey flavor!

RenAi Rd. + GuangFu S. Rd. intersection - the pretty, rich area of Taipei.

raspberry tart at Mr. Qute - Jay Chou's restaurant!! Though, Mr. Qute was not that cute afterall. The restaurant had a large window so we got a peek of the kitchen. Right when we walked in, we witnessed the waiters sitting on the floor, taking their break. Then the guy who decorated our cakes seemed like he hated his job and just carelessly threw the fruits and sauces on the plate.. But the cake was good ^_^

taken from a bus. I took a lot more pictures, but this one turned out the best because I kept snapping without looking through the viewfinder.

a 99NT hotpot near my dorm. Cheap and good!

the famous bubble tea place, dubbed "ugly man" bubble tea by some of my friends haha.

1 comment: