Wednesday, June 16, 2010

i should cook more often...

Simple foods that I eat often/LOVE and will attempt to make when I return home (and it will all refrain me from eating out). Hopefully I can perfect my basic cooking skills this summer so I never have to bug my mom about what temperature to cook things at or have my omelet turn out completely lumpy and result in scrambled eggs instead (or ummm burn the pan again).

-onigiri - triangle sushi/rice ball - my favorites (from 7-11) are the salmon 明太魚 and beef炭火燒牛肉 - I could eat one everyday, though I would probably use brown rice instead of white rice.
-okonomiyaki 
-cauliflower soup from Saveurs
-banana walnut waffles - [will use wheat flour] I had the most delicious pancakes at The Diner, an American breakfast diner nearby --and I'm not even a huge pancakes person. The pancakes were sooo fluffy and had actual slices of bananas in them!

I honestly sometimes wonder how I'm not obese yet or what I'd look like if I never ever exercised =) 


Oh, and I decided that I'm going to compile all my food pictures, organize them by restaurant, and post them on Picasa. Or just categorize them for my sake and/or future portfolios if I ever decide to tread into food photojournalism!

No comments:

Post a Comment